Make your dreams become a reality with a healthy version of this classic candy bar. No nasties here! Nuts, dates and Ombar 72% Raw Chocolate are used in place of refined ingredients to create a guilt-free treat. So what are you waiting for? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
200g Ombar 72% Raw Chocolate
180g unsalted cashew nuts (soaked overnight)
2 tsp date syrup (or maple syrup)
pinch of sea salt
75g medjool dates (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes)
1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil (room temperature)
1 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup
pinch of sea salt
- Drain the cashews and blitz in a food processor until you have a fine crumb. Add your date syrup (or maple syrup) and a pinch of sea salt and blitz again until combined.
- Line a small rectangle dish with baking paper and press your cashew mix firmly into the base of the dish in an even layer. Pop in the freezer whilst you make your caramel.
- Drain your dates that have been soaking in hot water and pop them in the food processor along with your coconut oil, maple syrup and sea salt. Blitz for 2-3 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape the mixture down the sides of the food processor. Stop once your mixture resembles caramel.
- Take your base out of the freezer and spread your caramel mixture over it in an even layer. Pop back into the freezer and leave for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- After an hour melt your chocolate in a bowl. Remove your base/caramel from the freezer and slice into bars.
- This is where it gets messy. Dip your bars into the melted chocolate ensuring an even covering. Scrape any excess chocolate off. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to cool the chocolate before eating.
When wrapped these will last in the fridge for a week or the freezer for one month.
Recipe created by A Healthy Obsession.