Mother's Day is here and it's our turn to look after our mums and show them just how much we love them. So we've put together the ultimate, healthy-yet-delicious breakfast-in-bed recipe to help you treat your mum. Packed full of fresh fruit and organic, raw cacao this breakfast combination is sure to help start your mum's day with a smile.
We love this smoothie because it combines the superfood goodness of raw cacao with that all-important Omega-3 from the chia seeds and magnesium from the almonds and pumpkin seeds. Now that's a smoothie with a healthy dose of natural goodness! With all these important nutrients included, this smoothie is sure to boost your mum's morning.
1. First, break up your chocolate into chunks, place in a heatproof bowl and place over a pot of simmering (but not boiling) water. Stir and watch the chocolate gently melt. This is our favourite bit, getting to watch the chocolate slowly melt. Yum! Be careful not to overheat it or you'll damage its raw nutritional goodness.
2. Put the bananas, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, Medjool dates anic and almond butter into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
3. Add your melted Ombar chocolate and almond milk and blend.
4. Pour into a glass then chop some Ombar Buttons to drop in as chocolate chips!
5. This recipe makes enough for two glasses, so both you and your mum can enjoy together. After all, you've got to keep the chef fueled, too!
What's better than waking up to a bowl of fresh fruit? Well, waking up to a bowl of fresh fruit with melted organic chocolate, of course! We love this recipe as it makes a classic fruit salad that much more indulgent, with chocolate drizzled over the top and a pot of molten chocolate to dip your fruit into. Yes, please!
1. First, break up your chocolate into chunks, place in a heatproof bowl and place over a pot of simmering (but not boiling) water. Stir the chocolate as it melts.
2. Chop all the fruit into bite size chunks and place in a bowl.
3. Once the chocolate has melted drizzle some of it over the fruit. Pour the rest of it into a small dish to dip the fruit pieces in.
And there we have it ... a simple, yet delicious and nutritious Mother's Day breakfast-in-bed recipe so you can start your mum's day the right way!