Bettina Campolucci-Bordi has been cooking up another easy recipe for us all to try at home...
"If you haven't tried chocolate with sprinkles of salt yet then this is the perfect opportunity. These little pots of chocolate are the perfect treat and ending to any meal. Also, they are laced with goodness because they are made with ingredients that are all super healthy. Yes!! A dessert that is all of the above, minus the usual sugar laden guilt trip! Let’s get started!"
Ingredients (makes 4 small pots)
1 1/2 cups of soaked raw almonds
4 -5 tbs of coconut nectar
5 dates soaked (1 hour approx)
1 vanilla pod scraped
1 big avocado
4 bars of Ombar 72% Raw chocolate
1 tsp of good quality flakey sea salt
- First thing’s first you will need to soak your almonds for at least 8 hours. Best thing is to soak them overnight.
- Make sure you rinse them properly before using them as the water becomes pretty murky from the skins.
- In a blender add avocado, coconut nectar, vanilla, pistachios and raw almonds.
- Blitz until mixture is fully blended and set aside.
- Roughly chop half of your chocolate and put it in a bowl. Half fill a saucepan with boiling hot water, and put the bowl over it, making sure that the bowl does not touch the bottom of the saucepan. Slowly heat the water, ensuring it does not boil. Check the temperature with a thermometer. When it reaches 55C-58C, remove the chocolate from the bain-marie.
- Add the remaining finely chopped chocolate and stir until it has melted.
- Once it has fully melted. Add it to the avocado mixture and blend it so that the melted chocolate combines with the mixture thoroughly.
- Once blended divide the mousse into 4 small pots. This is a rich mixture; a little goes a long way.
- Sprinkle with sea salt on the top and serve immediately, or alternatively keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Recipe and images by Bettina Campolucci Bordi (@bettinas_kitchen )