Fans of Ombar often create tasty recipes with our chocolate, and every now and again we come across one that simply must be shared.
Enter Tahini and Ombar Chocolate Chunk Cookies. The beauty is in their scrumptious simplicity. If you have little ones in the house, this is a great recipe to get their hands dirty and have some fun with cookie cutters.
Makes about 15 cookies.
1 1/2 cup gluten free oats
1 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 tbsp cinnamon
7 tbsp tahini paste
10 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 flax eggs (or chia eggs)**
1/4 cup of Ombar 72% Raw Chocolate chunks
pinch of sea salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
3. Place the oats, dessicated coconut and cinnamon into the food processor and blend for a minute until a flour forms.
4. Add the tahini, maple syrup, flax eggs and a pinch of sea salt and blend until a sticky dough forms.
5. Add the dough to a big bowl with the chocolate chunks and mix together until well combined (you may need to use your hands to mix well).
6. Scoop up a heaping tablespoon of the dough, roll it into a ball and slightly flatten into a cookie shape on a lined baking tray.
Alternatively, if you want to make heart-shaped cookies (or any other shape of your choice), dust your work surface with a little flour (oat flour or any other), then use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until about 3mm thick.
Cut out heart shapes using a cookie cutter and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
7. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the cookies turn golden brown. Let them cool for 15 minutes before serving.
**To make 2 flax eggs (or chia eggs): Add 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed (or 2 tbsp of chia seeds) to a cup with 6 tablespoons of water and let it sit in the fridge for 15 minutes until the flaxseeds (or chia seeds) have absorbed the water and formed a gel-like consistency.
Recipe and image by Rima Bazzi (@beyondthebowl_byriri)