Summer this year has us all sweltering, and if you’re anything like us, you’re desperate for a way to cool down. So we’ve put together THE ultimate, healthy, Ombar chocolate milkshake recipe! A thick, cold, chocolatey shake topped with rich, chocolate, vegan nice cream. We can’t think of a more delicious way to enjoy the summer. And to top it all off, this milkshake is healthy, vegan, refined sugar-free and gluten-free! Hurrah!
We’ve separated the recipe for the milkshake and the nice cream. But if you want to make both together for the ultimate milkshake experience, we recommend freezing all the bananas and melting all the chocolate for both the milkshake and nice cream in one go, to save you time. Then when you’ve made both elements, pour the milkshake into a glass and top with a ball of nice cream. Deeeelish!
For the Milkshake
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp of almond butter
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- Coco Mylk Ombar (1 large 70g bar)
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 tbsp of seeds (of your choice) or seed meal
- First slice the bananas. Then pop the sliced banana and your blueberries in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, break your Ombar into segments and melt over a gently simmering bain-marie. Make sure you stir the chocolate whilst it’s melting to avoid it burning to the pan.
- Quickly whiz your seeds in the blender until they are the consistency of a fine meal and set to one side.
- Once the sliced bananas are frozen put them in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add your melted Ombar chocolate, frozen blueberries, ground seeds, almond butter and coconut milk to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Place back in the fridge to chill for a bit.
- And finally, the most important step … enjoy your deliciously chocolatey, refreshing Ombar milkshake! Ahh
For the Nice Cream
- 3 bananas
- 2 Coco Mylk Ombars (large 70g bars)
- First slice your bananas and put them in the freezer for at least 2 hours until solid.
- Meanwhile, break your Ombar into segments and melt over a gently simmering bain-marie. Make sure you stir the chocolate whilst it’s melting to avoid it getting burnt.
- Place frozen banana slices in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour your melted chocolate into the blender with the banana mixture and blend until mixed.
- You can either eat your nice cream straight away or place the mixture back in the freezer to solidify a bit.
Remove from the fridge, scoop into nice cream balls and enjoy! Healthy never tasted so good.
More delicious Ombar recipes:
Amazing Caramel Slices
Strawberry and Coconut Cream Popsicles