Ombar Chocolate is an exciting brand of raw chocolate that delivers the healthy goodness of raw cacao without compromising on taste. Based an hour outside of London, just outside of Cambridge, UK, we make all of our chocolate in our own, purpose-built factory, and sell it in over 20 countries, primarily within Europe.
Our methods ensure that we preserve as much of nature's original goodness as possible, sourcing the cacao from only the best, sustainable Ecuadorian farms and keeping it raw. We treat our chocolate like a health food - because it is - and therefore we use only the healthiest ingredients such as unrefined coconut sugar, real fruit and live cultures. Our chocolate is 100% organic, dairy-free, refined sugar-free and gluten free, because we believe in doing good for the planet and for our bodies.
Ombar started in a small kitchen, born out of the desire to bring the health benefits of cacao to people by redefining and redesigning chocolate as an uplifting, healthy indulgence. The same desire exists today and informs everything we do. We make amazing chocolate that makes people feel good.
We’re a small, but growing core team of 11, with an extended team of freelancers and agencies spread around Europe.
We’re seeking a talented, creative, driven and organised Marketing Executive to help raise awareness of Ombar and ultimately to help substantially increase our sales across all territories. You will be assisting the Marketing Manager and the wider team in the execution of the marketing strategy and integrated campaigns.
- This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position
- Based just outside Cambridge at our headquarters in Sawston
- Salary DOE
As we’re a small, yet rapidly growing company, you’ll be working collaboratively with most of us, including the company directors and the sales team. Primarily, however, you’ll be working in close collaboration with and reporting directly to the Marketing Manager. You’ll also be communicating with regional marketing colleagues across the European territories and third party vendors in the areas of PR, marketing, creative and events.
- Assist in the execution and day-to-day administration of marketing strategy and campaigns through all channels (digital, print advertising, PR etc.).
- Assist in market research for the development of marketing plans, campaigns and product launches.
- Manage and develop Ombar’s social media presence, planning campaigns around marketing activity and product launches. Create engaging content, maintain content schedules, and monitor and respond to user engagement. Develop KPIs, reports and recommendations for all social channels across the territories.
- Copywrite engaging e-newsletters, blogs and other content for the website.
- Coordinate all planning and logistics surrounding Ombar’s presence at trade and consumer shows throughout the UK, and in Europe in conjunction with the sales team and regional distributors. Manage the Ombar exhibition stand and staff at all UK consumer shows. This will require some weekend work and travel.
- Assist in coordinating in-store sampling activity.
- Assist in coordinating product reviews, blogger outreach, brand collaborations, reporting, insights and recommendations.
- Monitor and manage the customer service email account, answering relevant queries and effectively managing any complaints.
- Coordinate the localisation and translation of all relevant marketing content and collateral.
- Develop and maintain communication and relationships with regional marketing personnel and external agencies, and assist in managing their activity.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Must have the ability to communicate with team members at varying levels, conceptually and tactically to achieve a common goal
- A combination of creativity and analytical skills
- Strong interest and experience in understanding and managing social media channels, influencer and digital trends
- Basic understanding or experience in Adobe creative software is desirable
- Interest and experience in event planning and management
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong initiative and self-motivation
- Strong project management skills, organization and ability to develop and deliver results within a fast-paced, shifting environment
- A can-do attitude and positive mindset
- Occasional travel (within the UK) and weekend work will be required
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a related subject
- At least 2 years’ experience in a marketing or communications role
- Preferred experience of working within FMCG and an understanding of the food and beverage sector
- Demonstrable experience in implementing social media campaigns, reporting and evaluation
- Demonstrable experience in customer service and brand reputation management
- Demonstrable experience in event planning and management
- Fluency in another European language would be a plus
Please email applications to email@example.com, subject ‘Marketing Executive’, including CV and a covering letter explaining why you would be the right fit for this role.